Inquiry question: What are the implications for society of chemical synthesis and design?
● evaluate the factors that need to be considered when designing a chemical synthesis process, including but not limited to:
– availability of reagents
– reaction conditions (ACSCH133)
– yield and purity (ACSCH134)
– industrial uses (eg pharmaceutical, cosmetics, cleaning products, fuels) (ACSCH131)
– environmental, social and economic issues
Extract from Chemistry Stage 6 Syllabus © 2017 NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA)