Forensic Chemistry > 1. The job of the forensic chemist is to identify materials and trace their origins > Ethical Issues During an Analytical Investigation >
Solve problems and use available evidence to discuss ethical issues that may need to be addressed during an analytical investigation
A forensic chemist should always have proper work ethics especially when performing analytical investigations. They are expected:
- to perform the analysis thoroughly and accurately by avoiding shortcuts and repeating the analysis multiple times for reliability;
- to remain unbiased and objective;
- to disclose all evidences, including contradictory evidence;
- to report any loss of evidence, contamination of samples, and inaccuracies in data; and
- to keep all the information confidential by preventing inappropriate disclosures of information.